Saturday 29 May 2010

Coffee Achiever

The unthinkable has happened.

I can and now do drink coffee on a regular basis. I started off with mochaccinos, but now I can handle a long black. My favourite tea-break food consists of chocolate-coated Scotch fingers dipped in hot black coffee, such that the chocolate melts and the biscuit part softens while taking on a coffee taste. Strangely enough, one of my friends at the lab likes the exact same thing. (The difference is that she throws out the coffee post-dipping, while I drink it.)

I suppose I'm going to get married even later now.

I got to try out Lindt's newest offering: dark chocolate with a few salt grains thrown in. It is actually and surprisingly very good. It works the same way as the M&Ms with peanut butter: the salt accentuates the flavour and texture of the chocolate. However, the salt is not homogenous; it is left as crystals embedded in the chocolate. Some people may like it that way, crunchy with little bursts of flavour, but personally I'd rather have some peanut butter M&Ms.

On the further subject of food, I could really go for some marinated goat's cheese with olives right now.

No comments: