Saturday 9 June 2007

Meme: Marriage Age

I got tagged with this meme by Noel - put an X next to the items in the list which apply to you, tot up the frequency of Xs and that's the age that you'll get married. (What do you do if the total is 3 or something? Wait, don't answer that.) So let's see how this turns out...

[X] I know how to make a pot of coffee. (I can make my father's coffee. That's even harder!)
[X] I keep track of dates using a calendar. (...There's something else you can use?)
[ ] I own more than one credit card. (Ha! No.)
[ ] I know how to change the oil in a car. (Not with confidence, no.)
[X] I know how to do my own laundry. (Every Wednesday and Sunday, baby!)
[ ] I vote every election. (Not 21 yet, sorry.)
[X] I can cook for myself. (Definitely! Now, about cooking for others...)
[ ] I think politics are exciting. (Bleh. No.)
[ ] I balance my checkbook. (Don't have one, silly.)
[X] My parents have better things to say than my friends. ('Fraid they do. Age, wisdom, etc.)
Total: 5

[X] I show up for school/college/work every day early. (Touch wood!)
[X] I always carry a pen in my pocket/purse. (And scissors, and a pencil, and a ruler, and...)
[X] I've never gotten a detention. (Clean record here.)
[X] I have never smoked a cigarette. (Ew, no.)
[X] I have never gotten completely trashed. (Never drunk enough to.)
[ ] I have forgotten my own birthday at least once. (Bwahaha! No.)
[X] I like to take walks by myself. (Yeah... I miss Phoenix Park.)
[X] I've watched talk shows. (Never enjoyed them though.)
[X] I know what 'credibility' means without looking it up. (Ha! Yes.)
[ ] I drink coffee at least once a week. (No. Caffeine makes me drunk, remember?)
Total: 8

[X] I know how to do the dishes. (We don't have a dishwasher.)
[X] I can count to 10 in another language. (Two languages, actually.)
[X] When I say I'm going to do something I do it. (Even if I take a million years over it.)
[X] My parents trust me. (Thankfully.)
[ ] I can mow the lawn. (What lawn?)
[X] I can make adults laugh without being stupid. (Can do.)
[X] I remember to water the plants. (That doesn't mean they grow well...)
[X] I study when I have to. (And even when I don't.)
[X] I pay attention at school/college. (In RP, if you don't you're dead.)
[ ] I remember to feed my pets. (What pets?)
Total: 8

[X] I can spell 'experience' without looking it up. ('Cause it's right in front of me. :P Nah, I can. Really. It's "separation" I have a problem with.)
[ ] I work out on a regular basis. (Nah. I'm a slob.)
[X] I clean up my own mess. (Yes. Yes I do.)
[ ] The people at Starbucks know me by name. (No. Caffeine. Can't drink.)
[ ] My favorite kind of food is take out. (Hard call, but no.)
[X] I have gained weight since middle/high school. (2 kg. Nothing too bad.)
[ ] The first thing I do when I wake up is get caffeine. (CANNOT. TAKE. CAFFEINE.)
[X] I can go to the store without getting something I don't need. (Strangely, yes.)
[X] I understand political jokes the first time they are said. (Yeah... doesn't mean I enjoy them.)
[X] I can type quickly. (Sure.)
Total: 6

[ ] I have realized that the weather forecast changes every hour. (Considering I don't believe it anyway, I've never had a reason to know the frequency of forecast updates.)
[ ] My only friends are from my place of employment. (No.)
[ ] I have been to a Tupperware party. (A what?)
[ ] I have realized that no one will take you seriously unless you are over the age of 25 and have a job. (Lies. People take me seriously all the time.)
[ ] I have more bills than I can pay. (Nope.)
[ ] All (most) of my friends are older than I am. (Nope.)
[X] I can say no to staying out all night. (I've never stayed out all night.)
[X] I use the Internet every day. (Guilty as charged! Well, almost every day. There was that time Macx conked out...)
[ ] My wardrobe hasn't changed in a while. (I just stole a belt from my mother.)
[X] I can read a book and actually finish it. (You mean... I'm not supposed to? But...but...)
Total: 3

Grand Total: 30 years
(And that was without a single drop of -I mean, a calculator. Yeah, calculator.)

So... If you are responsible, dedicated to your work, a credit to your parents, politically aware, careful of your health, lax when it comes to paying bills and completely obsessed with caffeine, you'll marry later.

Man, that's depressing. I'm going to go mow someone else's lawn and get drunk on coffee.

...Three posts in a row referencing a Jack Sparrow quote! I'm on a roll!

3 comments:

eudora said...

haha you did this! yay so nice to know my friends read my blog. (do post a comment once in a while, just to remind me you're lurking!) and you're the oldest of us to get married. This thing IS for fun, though. There's no real accuracy in it. And I realised you all put comments next to the items on the list. I was too lazy to do that! heh.

Wintershark said...

'Course I read it. I thought you knew that from me solving codes and suchlike.
... I'm supposed to de-lurk now? And lose my cape of anonymity? But... but... I'm a ninja!

I realise it is for fun, but you have to admit there is a certain truth to the trends there. People who are workaholics tend to consume a lot of coffee, and then also tend to put career first because, duh, they're workaholics.

I put comments on everything because I like to justify my choices. RP habit.

eudora said...

haha I wanted to justify my choices too except that I was lazy!!!! Even switching to rich-text format was too much work, lol.