Monday 9 April 2007

State of Mind

I am ruled by emotions, I know that. Depressed in the morning, cheerful by night, that would describe today.

I sometimes wish I could be ruled by the brain like my father. There's one of my online friends who's MIA and while I worry away, my father decides that the abovementioned friend is deceased and proceeds to describe the hypothetical funeral in cheerful detail.

So long as my father teases, I am secure that it is not true. If he were to stop...

O, to stare into Death and not be afraid.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you lost someone close to you before? Well, it feels like a part of you were gone as well. I hope you don't have to go through it but I guess that'll be wishful thinking. Maybe your friend is just fine. Just that s/he is stuck in the middle of arizona without any internet connection. Haha

Wintershark said...

I've lost people before. Three times. It never feels real.

[snerk] If they were in Arizona that would be enough to deserve worry, considering that they're supposed to be in Europe.