Thursday 1 January 2009

Retrospective: 2008

January 1st this time, and the new year has once again safely arrived. Reading the words I typed one year ago, I've decided that 2008 was the Year of Growing Up for me. I've changed as a person, one of the most important changes being that I've accepted my oncoming responsibilities as an adult. No more wishing that I could remain a child forever - that's all past and irrelevant now. No more being afraid of what will come.

That is not, however, to say that I will stop collecting plushies or Bionicle sets. I reject the notion that one needs to be a child to do those things. I'm also going to continue playing with PowerPoint as a digital art tool, because I've found that its limits can be pushed extremely far.

As for serious business, I'm going back to Australia for further studies at the end of the month. I have no idea what will happen, but I'm sure I'll discuss it as the year passes.

To the new year!

No comments: