Sunday 25 November 2007

MORE FORMS

For the record, applying for a visa with a third-world country's passport sucks. I can't wait to become a Singapore citizen so I don't have to deal with all this paperwork.

I finished wading through the last of the visa application forms, but it's not over yet - I still have to get a medical examination, X-ray and take an IELTS test. Yes, apparently studying in Singapore all my life and getting A1 for O' Level English are inadequate indications of sufficient English proficiency to survive in Australia.

Oh, and of course the agent only saw fit to inform me about this English language requirement now.

... Sorry. Tight deadlines make the Wintershark cranky.

On a more optimistic note, as part of my effort to gain some cooking skills before heading off to live on my own, I made chicken curry today. It turned out... surprisingly good. Though I'll probably substitute the coconut milk with regular milk next time - you can practically see the unhealthiness floating around in it.

I guess I'm finally getting my cooking skills under control - last week I made chocolate fudge for the class, and it was quite popular. It'll be nice if I finally overcome all my cooking handicaps. Especially those relating to potatoes. I am terrible at preparing potatoes.

Last thing - Indestruc2Tank, the sequel to IndestructoTank, came out a short while ago. Surprisingly enough, this sequel is even better than the original, and proves to be the superior timewaster. Go check it out.

Til next time.

No comments: