Friday 31 August 2007

Update XI: Too Much to Do

That sums out my situation right now. Final Year Project concerns have all but pushed aside everything else, including that art contest entry I really ought to be working on.

Perhaps then it's fortunate that I finished Transformers: The Game before all this stuff came falling down. In spite of the poor reviews, I found myself enjoying the game thoroughly (probably because it incorporates two of my passions - treasure-hunting and driving). Although the controls, particularly of the camera, were rather iffy, I discovered that there are a surprising number of special moves. For instance, Blackout performs a powerful type of ground attack if you hit the melee attack button immediately after dropping from guard mode, Barricade can switch on his police lights causing other cars to move faster and out of the way, and in Hoover Dam there's a way to make Bumblebee flip up to the first level of the generator towers...

Even with the regular controls, it's all good fun. I might try playing it all over again just for the sake of doing it all better the second time. Not to mention searching for more tricks.

In other news, the Gmail collaborative video is out! Watch it here. It's quite funny, and reflects not only the efforts of those who submitted videos, but also the editors who managed to string them together coherently.

On the home front, I can't say this surprises me. Particularly in primary school, I met several teachers who were so obsessed with rules they forgot why those rules were implemented in the first place. Of course their attitude only got them hated by their charges, and earned them absolutely no respect.

There are just so many problems in education, not just at home but worldwide. Sometimes I think of becoming a teacher for the sake of making a difference, and then I stop and wonder if it ever would.

No comments: