Monday 14 May 2007

To the Invisible People

Dear lurkers,

Please do not act surprised. Of course I know you are there. The distinct scent of invisibility, the winds which shift when there are none to shift them, the inexplicable increases in my profile views - could there be any doubt? But then I am a lurker too, and I understand your ways.

Therefore I dedicate this, my 50th blog post, to you the invisible people, the silent supporters inhabiting the fringes of society. You may be reserved in speech and restrained in action, but it is your quiet approval which suppresses conflict ere it has a chance to begin. It is an important and unfulfilling role you play, and for this I salute you.

Now that's over with... Ditch those shadows already! The world can't talk to you if it doesn't know you exist!

Regards,
Sharkie

No comments: