Tuesday 10 February 2009

Ants

About a million of them, to be precise, cutting a thick path from under the front door all the way to the dustbin, where apparently some banana peel interested them. Eradication involved large amounts of water and soap, complete rinsing of the dustbin and removal of the offending trash to the garbage centre.

It seems that the hot weather is driving the ants to seek food indoors (yet another reason why I can't wait for winter). I might probably have to draw lines of baby powder, coffee, vinegar or peppermint oil, and see what keeps them out. Worse come to worst, I could always keep the dustbin standing in a basin of water. I hate having to kill them. Besides having to commit mass-murder, the corpses are annoying to clean up.

Now spiders I can live with. Come to my house, spiders. I have some ants for you.

1 comment:

Wintershark said...

Yup, they're here. :D

The heatwave seems to have lessened somewhat, but Healesville Sanctuary still burns. I remember my friends going there last year and talking about the animals they saw there. Hopefully most of them survived.

If the arsonists are caught there will be severe punishment. Considering the damage to property and life so far, they will at least get life imprisonment for manslaughter and have to pay a heckload in damages.