Sunday 3 August 2008

Update XVIII: Block

I use the backspace key too often now. My mind is in a state of inertia, and refuses to pull itself together.

There are times when the words flow easily, and I wonder where the wisdom came from. Then there are times like now.

Writing is art. It cannot be turned on or off like a switch. But now the circuit is firmly fused open, and in spite of multiple attempts I cannot get it to move.

It's not that I have nothing to say. It's not that I want to hide. It's this block, stealing away the only means I have to communicate. I have the intent, but lack the words.

Fluency will not return at once, so I settle for small victories. Forgive this short post, it is a necessary step. When I return, I will make sense. Some time.

In the meantime, watch this. It is worth it.

No comments: