Wednesday 25 May 2016

I'm a Doctor, Not a... Normal Doctor!

I have my PhD! The graduation represented a final gauntlet - seriously, half an hour before the ceremony they piled on a set of complicated instructions, complete with a map, and pretty much everyone got it at least slightly wrong - but we all survived, no-one tripped on stage or lost their bonnet, and about twenty new doctors stepped out into the world. And then cupcakes were had.


Unrelated topic - since the previous post, I have managed to get my hands on a bottle of kirschwasser! Authentic Black Forest cake is now a possibility. My other recent baking attempts have included two different types of bread - potato rolls and Hokkaido milk bread. Both work with aquafaba substitutions, although for the milk bread I still used a beaten egg for the glaze.

A recent acquisition for my kitchen is this Grilla grill pan from IKEA. The price is affordable but the pan works beautifully, I highly recommend it.

Finally, I think it's someone's birthday or something. I think it's... Iron Man's? Yep, just four days from now, on May 29. Happy birthday to Tony Stark!


No comments: