Sunday 1 January 2012

MMXII

Happy New Year!

According to certain people, the world ends this year. End of the year or no, I prefer to take a leaf from Pascal's book, and continue with the assumption that the world isn't going to end.

I tend to take some time and reflect, at the end of the year. Last year I was lonely, my life spinning out of my control, and I was unsure of what would happen to me. Last year's reflective entry had a tone of desperation which makes me wince now, because I can clearly see the mistakes I was making and they shouldn't have happened.

Then again, hindsight is always like that, isn't it?

This year, I pulled myself up, out of the morass I'd watered for myself. I learnt to accept myself, and to live, really live. I think I grew up more this year than I have before. I think this was the year I finally became an adult.

Last year I wrote that there's never any time. This year I realised that time isn't a commodity which needs to be spent.

I wonder what I will think next year?

To the new year.

No comments: