Saturday 26 November 2011

Whippersnappers

The Fillet-O-Fish is a main-menu item with neither "Mc" nor "burger" in its name, which strikes me as anomalous.

I was in my neighbourhood Macca's the other day (according to the average Aussie, "Mickey D's" sounds dumb and they are right), and lady at the next counter got her three young children to give their own orders to the cashier. It was all very adorable until the eldest girl - she can't have been older than fourteen - asked for a chai latte, and then her mother corrected her and ordered three chai lattes, one for each of her children.

I...children are drinking caffeinated beverages with Italian names now? In public, as opposed to stealing a sip from their father's mug while their mother was looking the other way? Was it always like this, and I simply never noticed?

Why does my supervisor's five-year-old daughter have her very own mobile phone?

MENTAL BREAKDOWNNNN!!!

No comments: