Wednesday 16 March 2011

Things

Creative post title here.

I've decided to celebrate Pi Day on the day corresponding to the way we write dates here (22/7). So, pie in July and stuff. Hopefully I'll make a successful one this year.

On the other hand, I tried making macarons. Jeez, those things are finicky! One wrong step and they don't rise, or the "foot" doesn't form, or they crack. And because they're mostly sugar and egg white, they collapse in humidity very easily. It's understandable that they're so expensive, but I am determined to learn to make them.

I'm doing a little demonstrating (i.e. tutoring, but with LABS) for a while, mostly for experience than for wages. I find it's a lot easier with cooperative students. However, the disconnection between teaching students and training them to score well on quizzes, continues to bother me.

I've realised that I don't like being lied to in order to "make me feel better." It's always so much worse later on when the lie is discovered.

I haven't written any fictional works in a while. I suppose I should try again sometime. I used to enjoy it.

No comments: