Sunday 15 November 2009

Discomfort

My face itches. If I look in the mirror I know I'll see a faint reddening on both my cheeks, right below the eye sockets. Sunburn.

The one day I forget the sunblock.

Although the window is open, the air is close and stifling. It is hot, unreasonably so. Even a fan offers little respite.

Around me are the various belongings which I must somehow pack in a matter of days. Their presence nags at me constantly.

I am unsettled, restless in such surroundings. The curry I had for dinner shifts unhappily in the inner regions of my gut. It positively reeked of cumin, and now I pay the price for attempting to do it some justice.

A lesson learnt: curry should always be treated with suspicion, especially if a single spice appears to be in excess.

Somehow this unsettled feeling will leave. Until then I am a prisoner in my own uncomfortable, itching skin.

No comments: