Sunday 18 May 2008

Potato Wedges

I must have mentioned at some point that potatoes dislike me. My past efforts at making potato wedges have always ended poorly for the frying pan. As for that one time I tried making rosti...Well, let's just say I had to spend half an hour cleaning the pan with a butter knife.

But no more. Today - today the order has changed!


They were very good. I even managed to put in the right amount of salt.

Also, this is post #100, which is a fairly awesome milestone.

2 comments:

eudora said...

those look amazing! good for you. my cooking efforts always seem to end badly but my cookies--ah my cookies go well.

Wintershark said...

In hindsight, the thing I've been doing wrong all along is not allowing the oil to heat up properly first. >.<

Have you tried making pancakes? There's this kind of mix which comes in a bottle, and you just add water, shake it and pour it onto a pan. Cooking is fairly idiot-proof.

You have make some cookies for us sometime. No, scratch that - when I come back we should have a pot-luck. I bet everyone's gotten a lot better at cooking - I know I have.