Saturday 22 March 2008

Birdwatching

So I went out walking again today, and it was a fruitful trip. A flock of Galah cockatoos had taken up residence in the tree facing my house - or rather, were fighting over occupancy of said tree - so I went down to investigate. There was also a small flock of noisy green birds which were probably lorikeets, but I couldn't really tell because they were too high up and I only had a pair of cheap binoculars with me. Curses!

I then went down to the lake, and soon realised that there's more to it than I thought. A sizable portion of the lake is tucked away behind a building, and that was where I found a decent variety of water birds, including a some ducks and a watercock. I'll probably go down there again, there's too good a potential for observing birds. I just wish my phone camera wasn't so noisy. Or that I had a decent camera with a zoom lens.

No comments: